Monday, March 5, 2012

That did not take long!

Poor baby Cash is sick. I don't know if it is just a coincidence or because he started daycare, but the little nugget has been so congested all weekend. Saturday we hosted a baby shower and I could tell Cash wasn't his normal animated self. As he was making the rounds and meeting everyone, he looked worn out. That night he woke up and his nose was completely stopped up, poor guy. We made it through the night by rocking in the glider and walking around the house. He managed to sleep for two hours on my chest. Sunday he seemed to be getting better. We went to lunch and ran errands. By early evening, though the snot returned along with a little cough :( no fever though so that is good. We bought some Vicks baby rub, turned on the humidifier and gave him some Tylenol to help him sleep. We even elevated one side of his mattress to help with the drainage. Cash slept pretty well. Woke at 11 and again at 4. At 6:00 he was struggling to roll over so I just went in there and let him sleep on me until 8:00 am. He is still stopped up but what really can we do unless he has a fever, right?! Well, he is off to daycare. We are on standby in case they call us, but I think he will be ok. Cash is still smiling and laughing this morning when we were playing. I'll keep ya posted on how it goes.

On a side note, cash loves sitting in his bumbo and Boppy. He is getting stronger!

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy! This will be the first of many. It looks like it's not bothering him though. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete