Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Last little getaway

We took Cash to the coast this weekend as a last trip for just us three! It was nice weather and Cash want sick this time so it was a great time! We went to Corpus Christi's aquarium and to the USS Lexington. Both were super neat! Cash was so well behaved and enjoyed both tours. Next time we will spend more time at the aquarium. They have a really cool splash pad! 

Cash is really into ocean animals right now so the aquarium was perfect! The sharks were so big and scary.... Yikes! We saw a dolphin show, which was really neat and they had some beautiful fish. The jellyfish and sea horses were my favorite. :)

The USS Lexington tour was really cool and Wesley and I want to go back to spend more time because it was a tight squeeze holding Cash in most of the ship areas and it was HOT!!!!  And I was pretty uncomfortable. And little nugget was so sweaty. But he enjoyed seeing all the jets and other planes. 

 We walked the beach one evening  and played in the swimming pool at the condominiums. We also were able to meet up with the Stovalls who were in Rockport for the weekend. Sadly, I don't have any pictures, but Cash swam and swam in their pool with Penelope. 

Sunday we headed home and ended up stopping by Cabelas so Cash could see all those animals again. We had a very fun and busy weekend! Today I have finished preparing for Walker's arrival. Something tells me he is going to be early. Hopefully I am wrong, but who knows! All bottles and pump parts are clean and organized! His room is finished and my hospital bag is (almost) packed. 

What a memorable Labor Day! I am so thankful that we were able to spend this time with Cash and I really enjoyed spending time with Wesley. Its rare that we have an entire weekend of just us and i will cherish the memories we made. Hope everyone had a great weekend, too! 













No comments:

Post a Comment